Here I am thinking I was being a smartass by titling this story Donner Und Blitzen because if you order this Breadwinner Cycles’ limited edition B-Road before October 21st, you’ll receive it just in time for Christmas.
As it turns out there’s a Wild and Scenic river in Oregon called Donner und Blitzen, and while it’s nowhere near Portland, it’s in exactly the sort of terrain I’d like to explore on a Breadwinner of my own.
Ira Ryan and Tony Pereira are offering you the chance to get a B-Road of your own for Christmas this year, at the amazing price of US$5695 for a complete, made-to-measure custom bike with a top shelf finishing kit.
The builders of Breadwinner Cycles both have reputations as some of the best skills in the business, as well as the greatest passion for riding. You can be assured that a Breadwinner frame is made for life.
The limited edition B-Road is called the Take The Long Way Home and comes with a few added extras, namely a matching SILCA Impero Ultimate frame pump; or the optional SUPER PISTA Floor Pump (+$579).
The complete bike is spec’d thus:
• Limited edition Take the Long Way Home paint by Colorworks
• CUSTOM SIZING — every bike is made to order
• BREADWINNER Stainless Thru Axle Dropouts with fender and rack braze-ons
• Wheels by SUGAR WHEEL WORKS — CHRIS KING centerlock Hubs and HED BELGIUM rims
• SHIMANO ULTEGRA drivetrain
• THOMSON stem, seatpost and KFC bars
• Optional PORTLAND DESIGN WORKS Full Metal Fenders and COMPASS Stampede Pass Tires (+$99)
• BROOKS Cambium C17 Carved saddle
• TRP Thru Axle Carbon fork with fender eyelet
• Di2 Upgrade (+$500)
• Available as Frameset only (Frame, fork and pump) for $2995
If you need further convincing, here’s the frames specs:
• Columbus Spirit tubing
• Internal brake line at no extra charge
• Breadwinner Stainless Thru Axle Dropouts
• Paragon head tube with custom ring cut for embellishment
• Paragon Stainless barrel adjusters
• 27.2mm seat post
• TRP Thru Axle Disc fork with fender mounts
• Rack/Fender Braze ons at no extra charge
• Silca Super Pista Frame Pump painted to match at no extra charge
• Limited edition paint with topo pattern on inside of fork legs and pump handle
• Custom fit at no extra charge
• English Thread BB shell
Not a bad deal, right? “The process starts by placing a 50% deposit. We will order the parts and materials right away and follow up immediately to start the discussion about the fit. We will send an invoice and confirm the shipping address as the build nears completion. The bike will arrive by December 23rd.”
Better get your reindeers in a row — this offer is only available until October 21st with a $2850.00 deposit.